Julien Boucaron YAU Page
Last update: 14/06/2008
Redirect to http://julien.boucaron.free.fr
Yet Another Ugly
JBCDPlayer (alpha 1)
quick and dirty gtk1.2 frontend for cdda2wav to play cd audio music
under linux (but not only i think) with computers that don't have an
analog cable to the sound card (like Apple PowerBook Titanium)
So I give the command line (RTFM before asking
<< cdda2wav -D 0,0,0 -K /dev/dsp -e /dev/null -t 1 >>
Sony Vaio VGN-FE21B
Apple Titanium Onyx: (550
Tools to install: (use google search)
Power Management: pmud
Keyboard( brightness, sound,
Configuration for X11 XFree 4.3.0 :
TouchPad, Radeon, Screen Copy on VGA output port having timing
Keyboard, TouchPad, Radeon, Xinerama (YES it works !!!)
Binaries 2.4.19 : (works pretty well but lost the config)
RadeonFB, ADB, Airport,
Firewire, IDE-SCSI , Sound, USB, PCMCIA, IRDA, Suspend.
Supported FS: ext2-3,
X11 Xorg conf
220.127.116.11 Configuration Same
as 2.4.19, Apple agp_gart, hfs+ ...etc...
Frame Buffer mode:
#D : 64.994 Mhz, H: 44.154 kHz, V: 54,701 Hz
geometry 1152 768 1152 768 8
timings 15386 168 26 29 3 136 6
French booklet about hydroponics
(building the hydroponic system and about growing)
- mail me
<firstname.lastname@example.org> to have the link
A small piece of software
done after reading "Turbo Chargers
" by Hugh MacInnes
software depends on the FLTK
(small and easy to build and use).This software is released under the
GNU GPL, tested on Linux and Win32 (mingw).
|Description: Given size of the motor, rpm, air
temperature, pressure ratio, efficiency of the turbo and intercooler
and pressure drop the software compute CFM, temperature, density
Current car project:
- oversized hybrid space frame and back-bone chassis (steel RHS and
- transversal motor rear wheel drive (1.6 16V Nissan - about 100
- dual wishbones (front)
- fully adjustable geometry :
- castor and slip angle.
- quasi-constant wheel-base under load.
- adjustable rocker factor.
- variable height.
- possibility to go to progressive suspension acting on the
geometry (like ProLink, MonoCross, FullFloater...etc...).
- possibility to modify to 4 directive wheels (such as car races
on ice) or like Lotus Elise.
Photos now available:
Sleeping for one year....
- strengthening (second stage) the main beam
- strengthening (second stage) passenger and
driver part (in progress)
- front suspension (planning done)
- steering, arm, wheel hubs (planning done,
parts to buy)
- rear part with motor ...etc... (done)
- rear chassis (planning)
Some useful links for the
SV650 S 2002:
My Low Cost Tuning for SV:
It just take little money to change a dangerous bike, with a safer and quicker
Before getting some BHP, have a look to tires, fork, brakes, shocks...
After let's take some BHP
- Modification of the fork, too soft and has no valve. Replaced
oil with 20 W SAE and White
Power progressive springs (I did not put the shims, too hard). Cost
15€ (fork oil) Cost 120 € (WP springs).
- Change front brake pads with EBC Metal. It is really easy
to do stoppies while you do not want to do this ;-). Cost
- Change front brake fluid each year and regular airbleeding. Cost
- Modification of the height of oil of the fork, added 50ml of
SAE 20W in each fork leg (above recommended height described in the
manual of WP springs), I fully relax the progressive spring (about 30mm
of SAG bike only, with me add about 20mm of SAG). Result softer on the
first 20 mm and after lot of margin when really pushing on the front
brake, better cornering. May be a little bit too hard, but this is too
soon to have a definitive answer, not done enough miles. Cost 15€
ignition retard see links before. It is difficult to feel the
difference but seems to be better on 2nd and 3rd gear,
safer for the
rev limiter. Cost 0€.
- Added 2 degrees of advance on the ignition through modification
of the pick up position. An huge improvement in low and mid-range RPM.
With this modification the old SV
accelerate just like a 650 K5 SV with a Devil exhaust. (I should add 2
more degrees) Cost 0€
- Modification of the snorkel of the air filter, remove about 30mm
near end of the inner pipe (One time i remove the snorkel, loud sound,
no more torque at low revs... unefficient in my case). Helps to have a
broader and higher "chord" from 7000 until 9000
rpm and at the same time, less clogging of the air filter. Cost 0€.
- Modification of the tank support through 2 shims of 5mm, helps to
air breath the little motor. With the previous modification (and next
one), you will fill the change. Cost
- Modification of crankcase breather pipes on the air box,
my SV was eating so much oil because I love to push. The trick is
adjust at least the 2 pipes connected to the airbox (drill at least to
the diameter of the internal pipes, which is not done by Suzuki....),
and you can also add two more
pipes (my case). The little motor push like a bull until the rev
limiter. Slightly less need to add oil. Cost
3€ (aluminium tube of 10mm in a home depot)
- Change spark plugs with colder ones (NGK Something 9). Cost 20€
- Modification for the "depression hat" of the carbs, drilling
hole (1,5mm if i remember). Result better throttle
response. Cost 0€
Current Position: 3rd year Ph.D student
in AOSTE Team - INRIA Sophia-Antipolis.
- Synchronous languages (SyncCharts, Esterel, Lustre, Signal
- Compilation (software, hardware) and Optimization.
- Formal Verification.
- GALS (Globally Asynchronous Locally Synchronous)
- Latency Insensitive Designs
- Another Glance at Relay Stations
in Latency Insensitive, FMGALS'2005
- Latency-Insensitive Design and
Central Repetitive Scheduling, MEMOCODE'2006
Insensitive Design: Dynamic and Static scheduling with proper formal
- Formal Methods for Schedulings
of Latency-Insensitive Designs, Eurasip Journal Paper 2007
- French Master Thesis in Computer Science Report : "sc2ic - A SyncCharts compiler to
Intermediate Code" with Johnathan STREIT and Gilles ROSA.
- French DEA (pre-Graduate) in Computer Science Report : "Compiling SyncCharts in Implicit Automata"
French Master Thesis in Computer
Science : "sc2ic
" with Johnathan
STREIT and Gilles ROSA.
French DEA in Computer Science : "scc
- SCC (SyncCharts Compiler Collection)
an experimental SyncCharts Compiler.
(c) 2004-7 Julien BOUCARON