This is the homepage of Julien Boucaron.
Software Developer (Short French, not up.).
Network and System Administrator (Short French, not up.).
- Problem and Service driven, I like to fix and build things, and I like to help teammates and customers.
- Open mind and curious by nature, I like to extend my skills in different ways.
- Organized, efficient and adaptable.
03/2010 – Present : INTRASOFT International (Luxembourg)
Senior Software Programmer, technical lead of the XTNET server team, managing 2 Senior Software Programmers.
- In charge of submitting technical offers to our Customers (many different products and projects), including:
- Assisting our Customers in clarifying their needs and solving blocking or critical production issues.
- Writing requirements/specifications/design documents
- Proposing state-of-the-art solutions, ensuring they meet all needs and constraints
- Estimating time and resources requirements with risk analysis
- Translating needs into technical objectives for the implementation team
- Meeting presentation, demos
- Staffing: CVs selection, recruitment interviews, responsible for the choice of the selected candidate.
- Project management:
- Planning and coordinating the tasks of the implementation team in fast pace and quickly changing contexts,
- Projects follow-up (quality of deliverables, deadlines)
- Proactively analyzing performance issues and find ways to improve work processes
- Knowledge management :
- Training new software developpers on the XTNET server.
- Explaining business and implementation rules to developpers, testers in other teams implementing clients.
- Software engineering:
- More than 50,000 lines of C code written to extend the data warehousing system that computes the external trade statistics in Eurostat.
- Code refactoring : more than 20,000 lines of C code refactored to ease maintenance
- Algorithm redesign and reimplementation : correctness, scalability, performances
- Introduce new datastructures to ease introduction of new features and abstract away low level backend details
01/2008 – 03/2010: INRIA (France)
Lead Developer on KPASSA v2:
- restart from scratch a previous software made in the team, due to a need for a modular design.
- huge improvements on runtime (algorithms).
- adding an easy to use and customizable gui.
- implementing optimizations for latency-insensitive design: new dynamic scheduled implementation, fifo sizing (see Publications).
- involved in 2 projects French ANR HelP and ST Nano 2012 SystemTLM.
10/2004 – 12/2007: INRIA (France)
PhD Student R&D:
- implementing latency-insensitive design: dynamic scheduled implementation, static scheduled implementations (see Publications).
- introducing the new model of computation: Kahn-extended Event Graphs, it introduces “static” routing in Event Graphs as first class object. This enables to perform correct-by-construction transformations on the network topology, and to introduce “static control” in Event Graphs: for instance, to synthesize for loops.
10/2000 – 10/2001: WAIDAN S.A. (France)
Network and System Administrator:
- build from scratch the IT infrastructure for a start-up in telecommunications: 27 people, 35 workstations and 10 servers.
10/1998 – 09/2000: part-time work at Orange Labs (formerly FT R&D)
- implemented a web service to read emails and store user preferences in an ldap server: java, jsp, servlet, jndi and jdbc.
- daily help-desk for windows stations (around 150 machines), few optimizations done to speed up the installation and maintenance process.
- server installations and maintenance for windows, linux and solaris: for instance, building a cluster of webservers using linux virtual server.
Sys and Net Admin Skills:
- Operating Systems: Unix (Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Irix, OpenBSD), Windows, Solaris (sparc/x86), MacOSX, DOS.
- Linux Distros: Debian based (debian, ubuntu), RPM based (fedora, rh, yellowdog), gentoo, slackware…
- Packaging tools: innosetup, nullsoft installer, debian packaging tools.
- Mail Servers: sendmail, postfix, exim4, cyrus, Microsoft Exchange.
- FTP Servers: proftpd, vsftpd.
- WWW Servers: apache (+tomcat…), netscape.
- LDAP Servers: openldap, netscape.
- DB Servers: postgresql, mysql, oracle.
- File Servers: nfs, cifs (samba), netapp.
- Backup: netbackup, time navigator, rsync.
- Firewall: Linux iptables (ipchains), xBSD netfilters.
- Authentication: nis, ldap, radius, kerberos.
- Access Servers: ppp, vpn.
- Misc Servers: dhcpd, named, squid, news, ntp, snmp.
- Computer Hardware: any x86, sparc, netapp, apple, sgi.
- Network Hardware: cisco.
- Web and DB related Programming Languages: xml (xsd, ipxact, uml), html, jsp, sql.
- Hardware Programming Languages: verilog, vhdl, systemc.
- Synchronous Languages: esterel, synccharts, lustre, signal.
- Parallel languages and lib: PVM, MPI, Intel TBB, Nvidia Cuda, OpenCL.
- Programming tools: eclipse, visual studio, ant, make, autotools (autoconf, automake…), cvs, svn.
- Compiler Tools: flex, bison, antlr, llvm.
- GUI Programming: qt4, fltk, gtk, swing.
- Java Programming: servlet, jsp, jdbc, jndi, jni, reports with iText.
- C++ Programming: stl, boost, xerces, gmp.
- Misc: doxygen, dot.
- PhD, Computer Science, University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis (achieved in INRIA), 2007.
- MS, Computer Science, University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis, 2004.
- Native French Speaker.
- Fluent English.